Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Going well

Well, I've been tracking my nutrition according to Spark People's  guidelines and exercising every other day just like I said. I do feel a difference but I don't see one yet. Of course Travis has. He lost 3 lbs. in the first week. But feeling better is what's keeping me motivated. For the first time in a couple of years I can go up a flight of steps without getting winded and my legs burning.

In other news - Mae has been behaving better. I hope I don't jinx things by saying this, but I can't help it. I'm a proud momma! James is talking up a storm. I'm having to work on his temper tantrums though. Reid has been having tantrums too and it's actually harder with him because he doesn't understand a lot of things yet. This makes it harder than ever to take them out in town by myself, but some things just can't be done on the weekend when Travis is here to watch them.

It snowed a lot again. Everything is covered (like 4 inches) and Mae is probably going to be out of school all week. This is extremely rare for where I live. That must be why people are acting like it's going to be the end of the world by running out and buying up bread, milk, water.. that sort of thing. It's like they don't know the snow will melt? It cracks me up. I get going and getting a couple of things you're running low on so you don't have to get out when it's really bad, but at my local store I went in and the entire bread isle had one loaf of bread left! Umm.. yeah.. dramatic much?

I've also gotten a start on planning the kids' birthday party. See, we give the kids their gifts from us and a special dinner etc on their actual birthday, but we have one big birthday bash for them in July. I know I'm months away from it, but trust me, it'll take that long. At least it did last time. I go all out since it's party x 3. (We do a balloon release for Michael every year.) And just for fun, here's some pics from their 2010 party.














As you can see it was an "under the sea" theme, and most of it was hand-made. Really the pictures don't do it justice. People still talk about which just tickles me pink! I did the entire thing for right at $100 (Not including presents). This year it will be a circus theme. It should be wonderful and my family is already excited about it.

Well, that's about it. What all do you have going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment